Sunday, September 29, 2013

Don't Read This, Unless You Have To

My brain is foggy.

 If you didn't gather that from my previous post, well then, shame on you. 

I've written multiple posts, but I just can't seem to execute them.  The wording is off or I get to the end and my head goes blank. I really shouldn't be allowed to have access to any kind of social media right now. Here I am though. Gregg is working on homework and I'm watching TV while blogging.  Don't judge me for my poor writing skills right now. Or ever. Don't judge me ever.  

It's our last week as a family of three. I pray anyway.  With that comes anxiety, stress, and fear.  But also faith, hope, and excitement.  Maybe everyone feels this way right before adding a child to their family.  I'm not really sure.  

M has been amazing.  I don't know how we got so lucky to have her in our lives.  She is so strong. Please think of her in your prayers if you could.

Emme decided to test the boundaries of her crib this week.  Yes, she's three and yes, most kids are already in a bed.  She's been able to climb in and out of her crib for over a year, but for some reason or another she's never gotten out during a nap or at night time.  Why change that?  I love that she still takes three hour naps and goes to bed from eight to eight.  So what would any sane parent do?  No, not set up the toddler bed that's been in their storage room for months. A sensible parent would tell her there are spiders on the floor that only come out if girls sleep on the floor, but can't touch you if you sleep in your bed.  It backfired in a way. She loves bugs and spiders so she has been searching for one ever since.  She took a nap fine today so hopefully we have a little more time with the crib. I mean, I'm all for the big girl bed, but I just need a little time to adjust to the new baby before naps go away and Emme becomes more of an overstimulated toddler than she already is.  Remember how I said not to judge?  Insert non judgment here. 

I could go on all night, but now I'm really caught up in an episode of The Mentalist and with a foggy brain and all, I can't keep track of everything.  Please look forward to more random rants in the future. 





1 comment:

  1. I cried and cried the night before Hallie was born because I felt so guilty for changing her life so drastically. The anxiety, fear, guilt were all there..so I think what you're feeling is completely normal :) Looking forward to next week and seeing that cute baby boy! Enjoy your last week as a family of three :) we love you all!

    ReplyDelete