Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Things You May Find

In my garbage can...

...On a Sunday morning...

__One exact pound of burnt to dust bacon.

__Doughy cherry pie bars.

__Kidney bean liquid scooped out of the crock pot and mixed with baked beans.

__One box of empty cookie dough, bought from a school fundraiser.

__My cooking hopes and dreams.


I think it's safe to say...

__You shouldn't ask me to cook for any event you're having.

__I will wake my husband in a panic when bacon is charred and there is no counter left showing in the kitchen.

__My husband makes great bacon.

__He bakes the perfect fundraiser chocolate chip cookies.

__My talents lie elsewhere.

__I should have listened to my sister in law when she said "Will you bring a dessert to my baby blessing even if it's just store bought?"  Probably meaning, "I know you well enough to know this is not your strong suit."

__She was right.


1 comment:

  1. I hope it's OK that this gave me a little laugh this morning. It relieved my stress a little to remember that life is meant to be enjoyed, charred bacon and all.

    ReplyDelete