Sunday, February 2, 2014

Super Bowl Pitty Party of One


You should all probably know that I suffer from Endometriosis.  It's possibly the biggest pain in my life. Literally.  I haven't been whining about it as of late because since my last laparoscopy in July, (read about it here and here) my suffering has been down to a minimum.  It helps that I'm still on a POPS birth control which is suppose to stop my periods.  Well, it doesn't, but it has kept my cycles from exploding out of control.  The problem is...Endo grows back and well....over the last few months I've slowly felt myself falling back in the dark vortex that is abdomen pain.  

Today I was really excited about the Super Bowl.  Not because I care about the game, but because I like food.  Especially Super Bowl food.  We were even going to have homemade pizza by the best pizza maker ever.  
My abdomen decided to turn on me like it has so many times before.  I went from "yay, pizza!" to "somebody shoot me" in no time at all.  I shall not forget the back pain and numbness running down my legs.  It's all so very grand.  I've already exceeded the safe amount of Ibuprofen one should take and it's as if my pain laughed in it's face.  I have the tough stuff, but in the last year or so it's made me super itchy and actually keeps me awake instead of asleep.  Getting rid of the pain has been worth it at times, but I don't like it.  Why did I decide against the hysterectomy again? ARG!

So here I sit...alone with my angry thoughts, watching the Super Bowl and tearing up every time a soldier comes on the screen. So many soldiers tonight.  I hope it's over before Downton Abbey because let's be honest, English drama trumps football any day in my eyes.  I really hope Gregg brings home pizza or my face will easily resemble that beautiful uterus above.  By now he knows not to mess with Hangry (Hungry Angry) Endo Lacey so I'm guessing he will.

No comments:

Post a Comment