Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Hot Chocolate Smorgasbord



I'm so proud of myself for keeping up a few of my New Year's resolutions. Hot Chocolate almost every night, I read an ENTIRE book, and I'm into a new TV series on Netflix that has brought me some great entertainment.  You may say I'm totally nailing it. 

Other unmentioned goals have not been so successful.  

Last week was a rough one.  Corbin contracted Croup and took a trip to the ER.  That poor little guy can't catch a break.  My anxiety level before bed is pretty high because I'm so worried he can't breath. He keeps waking up with snot all over his face, mad as heck that his nose is plugged up. 

Emme went on a 3 day hiatus from sleep.  It caused some major behavioral issues and finally after a broken down prayer I had the thought to just hold her and play with her hair. Sounds dumb, but Emme has always been pretty good about going to sleep without our support.  Ninety nine percent of the time it creates more problems if we try to soothe her than it helps.  The thought to hold her didn't cross my mind before. Sure enough, she finally succumbed to sleep and took a much needed nap.  The power went out and woke her up so she came out of her room and then fell asleep on the couch for a few more hours. I tried waking her up several times, but she wouldn't budge. I was worried she wouldn't sleep that night, but she went down with no issues and slept the whole night. 

I'll be vaque on the rest, but let's just say I was pretty broken down by Thursday.  Friday, Gregg decided to take the day off. Something he's never done, but we needed it.  I needed it.  Since then I've felt much better and don't get me wrong, there are good things happening as well. 

I hate that my blog has turned into a whine fest as of late.  My kids do bring me insurmountable amounts of joy and if I didn't love them as much as I do, I wouldn't be so dang stressed all the time. Sleep deprivation does crazy things to the mind. Corbin is starting to sleep 8hrs a night more consistently so there is a light at the end of the tunnel.  He gives the biggest smiles a coos the cutest sounds.  I love kissing his soft little cheeks.  Emme says the cutest things and I wish I could record her all day to catch her funny phrases.  The other day she got three Hershey squares for going poo in the toilet. She broke one off for me and then split the third in half and handed a piece to me.  I could have squeezed her to death.  I was so proud.  We're having breakthroughs and it warms my heart.  

Here's to more sleep, health, and hot chocolate headed my way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment